Aruto Hiden (飛電或人, Hiden Aruto) is the main protagonist of Kamen Rider Zero-One. He is a 22-year-old former comedian and the current CEO of Hiden Intelligence who fights as Kamen Rider Zero-One (仮面ライダーゼロワン, Kamen Raidā Zerowan) alongside his Humagear companion Izu to pursue his dreams of making others smile.
Why He Rocks
- His personality as a cheerful, energetic, yet childish person makes him a very likable protagonist (similar to the leads of Gaim (initially), Ex-Aid, and especially Zi-O)
- Speaking of which he got to team up with Sougo Tokiwa (Zi-O) in Kamen Rider Reiwa: The First Generation, where they played off each other fairly well
- His friendship/brother-like relationship with Isamu Fuwa/Kamen Rider Vulcan is really heartwarming and enlightening to watch, and seeing each other go from opposing views to even marching towards their own futures together, brings out a great chemistry within the two.
- His fight scenes are really badass along with some really great choreography, not to mention his debut as Zero-One was both thrilling and hilarious.
- He reignited the trend of the more simplistic final forms, with the prime example being (Zero-Two/02), which was executed very well and the aesthetics are just beautiful.
- Despite being a company president, he rarely uses his position to make change and ends up blundering things to the point where he loses his company.
- Most of his victories come from characters other than him, such as when he lost the Workplace Competition but got to keep the Progrise Keys because of his grandfather's foresight, or when he got Hiden Intelligence back only because Gai showed mercy.
- Continued to sell Humagears even after they were hacked into attacking people, and didn't install a patch until much later. Even then, he didn't do anything about Humagears willingly turning evil, he just ignored the problem. No wonder he lost his company.
- His immaturity and constant gags could get on the nerves of some Rider fans.
- His recurring gag of spouting really unfunny jokes, while "no-one" tends to laugh at it, gets old really quickly.
- Not to mention his catchphrase "That's how you know it's Aruto", which he blurts out constantly.
- His descend into darkness as Ark-One is terribly executed and doesn't feel realistic at all, nor does it make sense practically.
- Not everything about his suits are perfect as some of his auxiliary forms such as Freezing Bear, Hopping Kangaroo and his initial upgrade form Shining hopper are rather mediocre to look at.