Arale Norimaki is the main protagonist of the manga and anime series, Dr. Slump. Arale is a robot created by a brilliant inventor named Senbei Norimaki. Although she looks like a young girl, she possesses incredible strength, speed, and agility, as well as a number of other advanced abilities. She has a playful and curious personality and often gets into mischievous situations.
Arale lives in the fictional town of Penguin Village with her creator Senbei, who acts as her father figure. She attends the local elementary school and befriends the other children in her class, often getting into zany adventures with them. She also has a pet bird named Gatchan, who can change its shape and size.
Arale is known for her distinctive appearance, which includes a pointed hat, a red and white striped shirt, and a pair of large glasses. She is also recognized for her catchphrase, "N'cha!", which she often uses to greet people.
Why She Rocks
- She has a unique character design.
- Her quirky personality, naivety, and immense strength make her a standout character in the world of anime and manga.
- Arale's childlike behavior and innocence make her a character that audiences of all ages can relate to. Her pure-heartedness and desire to make friends are endearing qualities that make her stand out as a lovable character.
- Arale's intelligence, independence, and positive attitude can be an inspiration to young viewers.
- Arale's childlike innocence and naivety often lead to hilarious situations and unexpected outcomes.
- She is a symbol of innocence and purity, with a childlike curiosity and wonder about the world around her.
- Her antics and comedic timing make her a memorable and enjoyable character. Her humor is often slapstick and childlike, which adds to her charm.
- Arale challenges traditional gender roles by being a strong and capable female character who can hold her own against male characters. Her gender is not the focus of her character, which is refreshing and progressive for a character created in the 1980s.
- She has appeared in various forms of media, including anime, manga, video games, and even live-action adaptations, demonstrating her enduring popularity and appeal.
- Despite her childlike nature, Arale has a strong sense of right and wrong. She is always willing to help those in need and stands up against injustice, making her a character that audiences can look up to.
- Despite her small size and childlike appearance, Arale possesses superhuman strength and speed, and is able to lift heavy objects with ease and move at incredible speeds. This makes her a formidable opponent in battles and adds an exciting element to her character.
- Arale's friendship with her human classmates in Penguin Village is heartwarming and fun to watch. She brings a lot of joy and laughter into their lives.
- She has a memorable and catchy theme song that is often associated with her character.
- Arale's design is based on a caricature of the author Akira Toriyama as a child.
- Despite her innocent appearance, Arale is capable of incredible violence and destruction when provoked, and has been known to accidentally cause chaos in her hometown of Penguin Village.
- Arale is named after a type of Japanese sweet called "arare," which is made of glutinous rice.
- Arale has appeared in various other anime and manga series, including "Dragon Ball," "One Piece," and "KochiKame."
- Arale's voice actress in the Japanese version of the anime is Mami Koyama, who has also provided the voices for other iconic anime characters such as Oyuki from "Urusei Yatsura" and Arale's rival, Akane Kimidori.