"Being there felt like old times, but it’s new times now. This is my home and, you’re my Mom."-Andi taking to her mother, Bex, referencing any home isn’t one without family
Andi Mack is the titular main protagonist of the Disney Channel series of the same name. She turned 13 at the beginning of the series when her world turns upside down after discovering a huge secret. She is the daughter of Bex Mack and Bowie Quinn, and the granddaughter of Celia and Ham Mack, and Cookie Quinn. She navigates the world with her best friends, Buffy, Cyrus and Jonah.
Why She Rocks
- Andi is a very likable character, as she’s a caring, sweet, and also artistic and creative girl who’s facing some tough issues in life that we all can relate to.
- She is deep, flawed, and relatable, and her own personal struggles and arcs are shown greatly, like after discovering her "sister", Bex, is actually her mother, she eventually accepted it and got closer to her in the process, calling her "Mom", which was heartwarming.
- Speaking of which, she has a great bond with her family, calling her grandma by her nickname, Cece, and there’s also her grandpa, Ham, as well as her other grandma, Cookie, and especially her parents, Bex and Bowie, who she successfully gets them married, and reunite all of her family.
- She also has a great friendship with her friends, Cyrus, Buffy, and Jonah, and is always there for them. Even though her relationship with Jonah didn’t work out, they still remain good friends, which is a good thing to know.
- She has a pretty interesting culture, as the great Chinese New Year episode and the series shows, her mother is Chinese, and her father is Caucasian, making Andi a Chinese-Caucasian.
- She is also able to stand up to bad people like Miranda, Morgan, and Kira. She even befriends mean characters later in the show like TJ and Amber, and understands their struggles once she learns about them.
- She is very talented at art, so much that she got into SAVA, which she will need an art studio, and she will use the shack as the studio, which is awesome.
- She was at her best in the finale, "We Were Here", as she got her family together fully, had a fun party with them, told her friends about her getting into SAVA, and had an emotional goodbye with all of them, and hangs 2 of her pictures with her friends inside the shack, which was heartwarming.
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee did an amazing job playing as Andi despite her age, as she portrayed her with tons of emotion and realism.
- She, along with Lizzie McGuire, is the best character created by Terri Minsky, as well as one of the best Disney Channel characters in history.
The Only Bad Quality
- She can be boring occasionally.
- She can be annoying at times.