"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Yosuke Hanamura is a playable character from Persona 4. He is the protagonist's classmate at Yasogami High School in Inaba and the son of the Junes Department Store's Inaba branch manager.
Why He Rocks
- He's an example of knowing how to create a comic relief like others.
- His Persona, Jiraiya/Susano-o/Takehaya Susano-o looks impressive.
- His relationship with Yu is very interesting to the point where even male fans of the series wish he was originally a romance option for the game. (Though it turns out it was gonna happen but it was cut from the game)
- He's very funny at certain events of the game.
- His Social Link is touching.
- He's well developed throughout the game.
- His Engish voice actor is Yuri Lowenthal. Who is best known for voicing Ben Tennyson from Ben 10: Alien Force/Ben 10: Ultimate Alien,, Spider-Man, Sasuke Uchiha, the narrator from Disney Infinity, and Genshin Impact and interestingly enough the male protagonist from Persona 3.
- Yosuke's headphones resemble the Audio Technica ATH-FC700A or the Audio Technica ATH-ES10. On the Volume 2 cover of Persona 4: The Animation, his headphones on the artwork are called the Music Technica ATH-EF11.
- During the Persona Stalker Club program, it was revealed that Yosuke, while in combat, listens to western music and film soundtracks.
- The word "Atlus" is printed on Yosuke's bike.
- In the game when Yosuke went inside Saki's Twisted Shopping District, he sees cut up photos of him and Saki working at Junes, but in the anime, he sees cut-up movie tickets he gave to her.
- As part of Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden promotions, Yosuke is used as his seiyuu's avatar for the BlazBlue radio show "Bururaji" chatting along with the seiyuus of BlazBlue characters Ragna the Bloodedge (Tomokazu Sugita), Noel Vermillion (Kanako Kondou) and Tsubaki Yayoi (Asami Imai). His "opening act" is similar to his first appearance in the original Persona 4 where he crashes into a trash can while riding his bicycle although this time, he crashes into Ragna.
- The way Yosuke performs Garudyne in Persona 4 Arena resembles his Follow-Up Attack (Yosuke Strike in ENG or Yousuke no Kougeki/Yousuke's Attack in JPN) from Persona 4.
- His new Shunten Hisougiri (Blink Turning Soaring Cutter) move in Persona 4 The Ultimax resembles the V-Slasher of Leona Heidern from the King of Fighters. It is even blatantly localized as "V-Slash" in the English versions.
- When Yosuke equips the Yellow Featherman outfit in Persona 4 Golden he says "Hey, I'm in yellow!? I'm not the fat one! Am I...?" The line alludes to the Persona 2 duology where Eikichi Mishina used the Yellow Featherman mask when he was an overweight kid. It also alludes to the character Raita Oishi, *Yellow Owl from Chojin Sentai Jetman, the Super Sentai series Featherman is a parody of.
- Prior to entering "Marukyu Tofu," Yosuke reveals that he can't eat tofu (his reasons are not mentioned).
- This creates a continuity error with Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth's "SOS: Save Our Stomachs!" request, where Yosuke is able to eat a hot pot made with tofu without comment or ill effects.
- Yosuke mentions several times throughout the game that he is disgusted by fish - not only the idea of eating fish but the idea of fish in general. *Ironically, Yosuke can use a weapon called "Inaba Trout," which can be obtained from a quest.
- In the weeks that Nanako appears on the Midnight Channel, if the player decides to go to the Void Quest dungeon and talk to Yosuke at the entrance, he will say after his primary lines: "Our princess is in another castle, dude," referring to the Mario Bros. games by Nintendo.
- Yosuke has a nurse fetish.
- If you equip the Cleaning Uniform you receive from Sayoko Uehara in Persona 4 Golden and talk to Yosuke while in a dungeon, he'll remark on how you're lucky to work with nurses, and in Persona 4 Arena, if you play Yu's route, Teddie will ask you to get Yosuke a new nurse porn magazine, as his old one was burned.
- Teddie teases him on this again in Persona Q: Upon reaching the nurse's office for the first time, Teddie will call out for a nurse. When he doesn't get a response he tells Yosuke not to be sad, yet Yosuke responds by telling Teddie that he didn't say anything.
- In Persona 4 Arena, Yosuke has a poster that parodies AKB48. He also has CD albums resembling Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight, Nickelback's All the Right Reasons, and the Grammy Nominees 2008 album.
- On the ski trip in Persona 4 Golden, Yosuke tells a ghost story about how his friend's sister and her group of friends bullied another student. As Yosuke continues, he states that his friend's sister would lock herself up in her room, mumbling to herself, "I'm next." Worried, his friend tried asking her friends about it only to find out that they had all passed out and were in the hospital. That night, she bursts out of her room and didn't turn up until the next morning where she was found unconscious outside of the school gates. This story was actually a loose retelling of the events that happened with Fuuka Yamagishi in Persona 3, with some false details being added, such as how the girl "died." Naoto mentions that she read a police report that sounded similar as well.
- During his introduction in the P3 side of Persona Q, Yosuke is referred to as "Boy with Dyed Hair." In Persona 4 Design Works Soejima confirmed that he and Chie dye their hair.
- Because of his obvious interest in music, all three of Yosuke's Personas have a disco motif. It is to the point that his ultimate Persona, Takehaya Susano-o has a popular hairstyle called the afro.
- Dummied content from Persona 4 reveals that Yosuke was apparently going to be a potential romantic partner for the protagonist. This is most evident in unused Japanese dialogue.
- Also, several of these voice clips were dubbed into English.
- If the protagonist wears the female Yasogami High uniform in a dungeon and talks to him, he will be agitated because the outfit reminds him of Saki.
- Content Warning
- Japanese characters
- Video game characters
- 2000s characters
- Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Characters
- Anime characters
- SEGA characters
- Young adults
- PlayStation characters
- Unpopular characters
- Hilarious characters
- Funny characters
- Friendly characters
- Characters that are often misjudged