Touma Kamiyama (神山飛羽真, Kamiyama Tōma) is the main protagonist of Kamen Rider Saber. He is a 24-year-old novelist and bookstore owner who joined the Sword of Logos to fight the Megid as Kamen Rider Saber (仮面ライダーセイバー, Kamen Raidā Seibā).
Why He's Awesome
- Is a passionate novelist and successful self-published author.
- Even though he's a successful author, he always has time to read and spend time with kids.
- Has a snazzy and colorful fashion sense, and doesn't care what anyone thinks of it.
- Uses his creativity to aid him in battle.
- Has a clear goal throughout the season, that being to try and find his long-lost childhood friend Luna.
- He will decide this story's ending.
- Averts the common Rider trope of failing to communicate properly by trying to talk to his fellow swordsmen. Is able to win many other Riders to his side because of this.
- Has several solid story-arcs, such as preventing Kento to sacrifice himself to protect the world.
- Most of his suit designs are beautifully done, such as Crimson Saber, Dragonic Knight, Primitive Dragon and Cross Saber (despite being a repaint of his original base suit).
- Despite being the lead Rider he doesn't fight his battles alone and always has his friends Rintaro and Kento by his side. In his final battles with Master Logos and Storious he was aided by them and sees them as his equals.
- His debut as Xross Saber was incredibly epic and spectacular
- When told he would have to leave his friends to become Guardian of the Wonder World, he says "nah" and chooses to become guardian while also staying in touch with his friends.
- Defeated Book Satan and saved the entire world.
- In Superhero Senki he persuaded Shotaro Ishinomori to keep drawing, meaning Touma is singlehandedly responsible for the existence of every single Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, making him the most important figure in the Toei Tokusatsu metaverse.
- Unlike Aruto Hiden, he didn't start using an evil Driver in the final arc for no reason.
- While he is a novelist who loves stories, that element of his character doesn't come into play often.
- The scene of him running to rescue Luna looks ridiculous.
- Some fans may find him to be boring.