Timmy Turner (seasons 1-8)
This page is dedicated to the original actress of Timmy Turner, Mary Kay Bergman, who committed suicide on November 11, 1999. May she Rest In Peace.
Timothy "Timmy" Tiberius Turner (born March 21, 1992) is a ten-year-old boy who is the main protagonist of The Fairly OddParents, alongside his fairy godparents, Cosmo and Wanda. He's described by the show's theme song as "an average kid that no one understands."
Why He's An Average Kid That No One Understands
- While it may not always look like it, he's extremely lucky, as he receives his Fairy Godparents after being tortured by his evil babysitter Vicky.
- He is willing to help others.
- He is very optimistic about the future.
- In "Wishology", he manages to pass the Rock Guardian's test and become the Chosen One just by refusing to fight him.
- Unlike most kids, he thinks before he acts occasionally.
- Timmy was at his best in "Channel Chasers", as not only does he learn that he must let go from his Godparents, but it also shows how he has matured throughout the series as we see him go through character development. He starts out as an average kid who no one understands, into a mature kid who must accept reality.
- He's very caring towards others especially towards Cosmo, Wanda and Poof as their relationship and chemistry is nothing short of heartwarming. Apart from his Godparents, he also has a great relationship with both AJ and Chester as the three are truly great friends. Despite the fact that his parents may act like idiots, he loves and cares for them deeply.
- Although he has made many amounts of bad choices, he is extremely remorseful, and he does intend and is willing to make up for his mistakes and wrongdoings.
- There were also a few moments where he receives comeuppance for his actions like in the end of "Cosmo Rules" where his fairy godparents, Poof, and Jorgen get revenge on him for messing up Da Rules by writing down fake rules with a green crayon and distracting Cosmo when he was supposed to guard and protect them.
- His design is good and cute (depending on your view).
- His voice acting from Tara Strong is good. Similarly, Drake Bell does a very good job portraying him in the live-action films.
- He was flanderized in seasons 9 and 10, becoming a huge jerk.
- It also varies whether he was in character or not in seasons 7 and 8, such as "Cosmo Rules" and "Timmy's Secret Wish!".
- Likewise, he has had his fair share of mean-spirited moments before season 9, aka "Rule Violations", such as:
- "Twistory" for messing up history by taking historical people from their timelines.
- "Ruled Out" for wishing his parents to become careless of him, only to get sick, dirty, and not granting rules.
- "Love Struck!" for making a shallow, sexist, and selfish wish of dividing the men and women and almost causing Cupid to die.
- "Just the Two of Us!" for making everyone on Earth (excluding Trixie, his fairies and himself) disappear just so he can have Trixie to himself.
- "It's A Wishful Life" for wishing that he does not exist, which causes others to grow happy and positive.
- "The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour" for turning Goddard into a killing machine.
- "Cosmo Rules" for breaking Da Rules.
- He is extremely impulsive, as he usually does things without thinking, which gets him in trouble.
- He is a huge punching bag, despite that being the intention for the show itself. The punching bag trope can also be taken too far at times, especially in "It's A Wishful Life", "Vicky Gets Fired", and "Lights Out".
- Timmy was originally going to have red hair since Butch Hartman does not like brown hair, Butch was forced to change his hair color since he didn't want Timmy and Vicky to be mistaken as siblings.
- Timmy was also originally going to be named Mikey after Butch's older brother Mike Hartman, but the brothers had a fight that day so Butch renamed him Timmy after his younger brother, Tim Hartman.
- Timmy's shirt and hat were originally meant to be blue, but they became pink since Butch ran out of blue ink.
- Timmy's birthday is March 21, 1992, which makes him an Aries in the horoscope.