Psy-Crow (referred to as Psy-Crow, Scourge of the Space Lanes in the animated television series) is a recurring villain and the main antagonist in the Earthworm Jim franchise, often said in most iterations to be the arch-nemesis of Earthworm Jim.
As his name implies, Psy-Crow is psychotic and takes great pride in his job as a villainous creature. He is cunning, cruel, and looks out for no one but himself. If the price is high enough, he is more than happy to do his job regardless of the moral implications. He gets his kicks from having access to such a massive array of arsenal and being feared throughout all the galaxies he roams. Psy-Crow has made it his goal in life to destroy Jim and recover the Super Suit, or at least thwart him in any way he can, such as frequently kidnapping Jim's love interest Princess What's-Her-Name.
He is also the reason for Jim's existence as a superhero since Psy-Crow accidentally dropped the Super Suit on Jim in the first place when transporting the Super Suit to Queen Slug-for-a-Butt. They then became rivals as they try to retrieve the suit back time and time again, whether it's a ransom or simply throwing him out of it as many other villains do.
Why He Rocks
- Much like many classical, entertaining video-game villains like Dr. Eggman, Bowser, and Dr. Neo Cortex: Despite being a villain, he's one of those villains that are often seen as very likable in a rather entertaining way which can prove that some games are not complete without a credible villain.
- He's a villain whose name is a play on "Psycho" and crow. This persona is better expressed after the first game.
- In the animated series, he is a nefarious space villain who roams the galaxy in search of plunder and excitement with his conquest is to cause destruction & thievery. He's not above hiring himself out as a mercenary or assassin, but he's quite comfortable working for himself.
- Despite trying to defeat Earthworm Jim himself and failing, he often teams up with Professor Monkey-For-A-Head since he and Professor works for Queen Slug-For-A-Butt in their efforts to get the space suit back from Jim.
- He is the sole reason that Earthworm Jim exists. If he never brought that super-suit with him in the first place (nor dropped it by accident), Jim would never become the hero that he is today, as seen in the animated series.
- His (along with other crows) squawking when he gets hit in the first game are funny.
- Jim Cummings does a brilliant job at giving him a voice that perfectly fits his avian characteristic. As a matter of fact, it's a much better and more pleasant-sounding voice depiction of a cartoonish bird than Scratch from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog’s voice.
- He seems to have the most devout professional life regarding it, with several of his intervals being mock commercials for villainous societies or victims of superheroism. Which are done hilariously.
- He has a lot of comedic quotes and one-liners in the Earthworm Jim animated series that are awesome to listen to. These include "Move on?! How can we move on!? The entire universe is destroyed!" and "Well what kind of ending did you want Mr too good for standard cheesy cartoon endings?".
- "Call today! And remember our motto: The wages of sin is dead, but the hours are good."
The Only Bad Quality
- While he has a great name, he's not too much of a sociopathic killer in the games compared to the animated series, he is rather portrayed as a comedic villain in both the games and the animated series all things considered. Which sounds a tad bit misleading.
- He existed as the arch-nemesis of Earthworm Jim since crows antagonize earthworms everywhere.
- Psy-Crow also showed up in Earthworm Jim 3D in a tank-like war machine, as Jim rode around on a pig, as the boss in the Memory area.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Cartoon characters
- Comic Book characters
- Video game characters
- TV characters
- Characters by portrayal
- 1990s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Earthworm Jim characters
- Funny characters
- Hilarious characters
- Comic relief
- Large Hams
- Chaotic Evil characters
- Characters that are incompetent
- Characters that have traveled through time
- Dynamic characters
- Optimistic characters
- Intelligent characters
- Dumb characters
- Gullible characters
- Likable characters