Pinky and the Brain are a duo of anthropomorphic mice and secondary characters from Animaniacs and the titular characters of their own spinoff. Pinky is a silly, happy-go-lucky mouse and is an assistant to Brain, a highly intelligent mouse who wants to take over the world. They are voiced by Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche respectively.
Why They're Genius
- They have great chemistry/relationship with each other and the fact Brain's depicted as the snarky/blunt genius to contrast Pinky's humorously dimwitted nature makes them a perfect comedic duo.
- Out of all the wonderful characters from Animaniacs, they have received the most spin-offs like Pinky and the Brain and Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain.
- Their designs are great.
- They have a very catchy theme song.
- They were so well-received, that they made a special return in the 2020 reboot.
- Just like many lovable idiot characters like Ed and Patrick Star, his stupidity is very charming and hilarious.
- He has a lot of funny and memorable quotes like "Narf!" and "Egad!".
- Despite being stupid, Pinky does show some actual signs of intelligence whenever he thinks Brain's plans are going to backfire.
- His laugh is very funny to listen to.
- He usually contributes the funniest moments in the show. Mainly due to his quirky, bizarre & hyperactive nature.
- He is very loyal and trusting toward Brain.
- Rob Paulsen does a wonderful job voicing Pinky.
- Most of his plans with wanting to take over the world are very unique and creative.
- Despite wanting to take over the world, he cares deeply for Pinky, even though he doesn’t want to admit it.
- His personality is very charming since he is calm, rational, snarky, and cynical.
- He has an emotional backstory on why he wants to take over the world.
- After reading Pinky's list on A Pinky and the Brain Christmas, he orders everyone to have a merry Christmas rather than conquering the world - showing his more caring side.
- He also has great lines such as "Yes!" and "You pondering what I'm pondering?".
- His facial expressions whenever he gets angry are hilarious.
- Maurice LaMarche does an excellent job voicing him and making him sound a lot like Orson Welles.
- While being the only likable characters from that show. They were flanderized in Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain, especially Pinky.
- Speaking of which, both of them have been reduced into huge punching bags all because of Elmyra Duff's non-stop abuse, even though the duo didn't deserve it.
- He can be irritating at times.
- Because of his stupidity, he has also done some disgusting stuff as well (primarily because of potty humor such as belches/etc).
- He can be a bit mean to Pinky such as whenever he hits him, given that he does this for Pinky saying or doing something idiotic.
- Cartoon characters
- Warner Bros. characters
- Hilarious characters
- Funny characters
- Dumb characters
- Quirky characters
- Intelligent characters
- American characters
- 1990s characters
- 2020s characters
- TV characters
- Fan favorites
- Animaniacs characters
- Internet memes
- Optimistic characters
- Characters who went downhill
- Accident-prone characters
- Unlucky characters
- Characters that are incompetent
- Titular characters
- Important characters
- Cool characters
- Characters based on real life people
- Characters with good voices