Minato Namikaze (in Japanese: 波風ミナト, Namikaze Minato) is a major supporting character of the Naruto franchise. He serves as the posthumous overarching protagonist of Part I of Naruto, a major supporting character of Part II of Naruto Shippuden, and a posthumous character in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. He was the Fourth Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village (Konohagakure), and the father of the titular protagonist Naruto Uzumaki.
Why He Rocks
- For his performance during the War, Minato was chosen over Orochimaru to become Fourth Hokage, and he became the Fourth Hokage at the young age of 24.
- His design is extremely badass.
- Years after Minato and Kushina graduated, Kushina was kidnapped by Kumogakure forces. Konoha mobilised its ninja to retrieve her, but only Minato noticed the strands of red hair Kushina left behind to mark their path. Minato, acting alone, rescued her from her captors. On their way back to Konoha, Minato confessed his admiration for her hair and her strength, causing Kushina – who had previously believed Minato "unreliable" and even "girly" – to fall in love with him.
- With his love, Kushina was able to keep the Nine-Tails sealed within her at bay. They eventually married.
- When he was reincarnated, he learned Nine Tails Chakra Mode from Naruto, and helped him along with the previous Hokage fight Madara
- He was the inventor of the Rasengan, one of the most well known jutsu in Naruto
- He has a great relationship with Kushina
- In the anime, the Third Hokage gave Minato a special task of helping Kakashi overcome the bitterness caused by his father's death and remind him of the human element of being a ninja, which he did.
- During his death, when he saw the Third Hokage nearby, Minato communicated to him a final request for the villagers of Konoha, to think of Naruto as a hero and not the container of the monster that caused so much death and destruction. However that sadly failed.
- His appearance in the first episode of Naruto was short, but epic. It made you wonder who he really was.
- He restored Naruto's Nine Tailed Seal when Pain attacked.
- While he didn't appear much in part 1 of Naruto, he did make a few cameos in flashbacks, such as the beginning of the first episode.
The Only Bad Quality
- He sadly died while protecting Konoha, so he didn't appear very much