Mecha Sonic (Super Mario Bros. Z)
This article is about the Super Mario Bros Z. villain. For the main series Sonic robot, see Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog).
"MONSTER? I'M NO MONSTER. I'M A GOD!"
—Mecha Sonic, Brawl on a Vanishing Island
Turbo Mecha Sonic (originally known as Metal Sonic and informally known as Mecha Sonic) is a robot created by Dr. Eggman for the sole purpose of destroying Sonic - however, he rebels against his creator and begins searching for the Chaos Emeralds. He served as the primary antagonist for the first saga of Super Mario Bros. Z. Turbo Mecha Sonic was replaced with Metallix in the 2015 remake of Super Mario Bros. Z, as Alvin-Earthworm considered his original design to be underwhelming, he is supposed to be the upgraded form of Metal Sonic, and also because he was easily defeated in his first appearance in Sonic & Knuckles.
Why He's the Mightiest in the Universe
- Just like his creator's intentions, he has massively upgraded from his canon counterpart, as now he is more powerful and assertive than ever.
- His ruthlessness and drive to stop at nothing to get what he wants makes him the perfect big bad for the series.
- Andrew Chandler's monstrous robot voice portrays him perfectly.
- It is always fun and overwhelming to see him in battle, especially when he destroyed the Axem Rangers in Semi-Super form.
- He is as fast, if not even faster and smarter than Sonic the Hedgehog himself.
- The main thing that makes him so intimidating is that he is a soulless monster who would destroy many innocent lives just out of anger and laugh about it. Of course, being an evil robot, he shows no remorse and just carries on completing his mission, making him the darkest villain to come out of any Mario web animation series ever.
- His dialogue is clever and menacing, especially his catchphrases such as "I'LL CRUSH YOU!".
- In the reboot, his design was improved.
- Alvin-Earthworm was correct when he felt as though Mecha Sonic's design was underwhelming.
- Thankfully, he was redesigned.
- His motives are a little weak.
- He has a humongous ego, betraying Dr. Eggman like many of the others due to feeling too superior to be taking orders from an inferior being, and even referring to himself as a god as some point, after destroying Red's fellow Axem Rangers.
- Mecha Sonic was replaced with Metallix in the 2015 remake of Super Mario Bros. Z, as Alvin-Earthworm considered his original design to be underwhelming, he is supposed to be the upgraded form of Metal Sonic, and also because he was easily defeated in his first appearance, Sonic & Knuckles.