Libby Folfax (Jimmy Neutron)
Liberty "Libby" Danielle Folfax is one of the main characters in The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. She is an African American first appearing in the Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius film. She is Sheen's female counterpart/love-interest and Cindy's best friend. She is a fifth-grader and is eleven years old (twelve starting from "The Tomorrow Boys" and onwards). She is voiced by Crystal Scales.
Why She Rocks
- She is stylish, smart, and sophisticated, loves music, electronic gadgets, and is a math genius.
- Her sassy demeanor is very cute and sometimes humorous.
- When Cindy goes too far, Libby quickly brings her back down to reality. Albeit she is very loose on it and sings for her life most of the time.
- She also has more common sense, is more down-to-earth than her friends, and is often the voice of reason.
- She is also a great friend to Cindy. Their friendship is very strong and they are clearly very close, though it is made apparent that Libby is a closer friend to Cindy than Brittany.
- Libby also serves as a big sister to Jimmy and often tries to help him come out of his shell.
- Libby also is a very honest person and literally cannot lie, which makes it hard for her to keep secrets or be involved in Jimmy's plans..
- In the Jimmy Neutron interstitial shorts, the 2001 movie, and the show's first season, Libby was a flat character & more of a sidekick towards Cindy, but in the following seasons, she started to become her own character and get more focus to stand out from the rest of the gang and evolved into the group's most sensible and levelheaded member.
- She has a good character design.
- Crystal Scales does an amazing job at voicing her.
- Like Sheen: While all of her designs look good, her Season 2-3 design is creepy.
- Sometimes she can be just argumentative as Cindy. In a similar way with being very bratty if she doesn't get what she wants.
- Libby's main interest is hip-hop, R&B, and funk music. Two of her science experiments involved music: one was comparing music of the Baroque period to today's music in the episode "Krunch Time"; and plants' responses to musical stimuli (classical R&B vs yodelin' to the Oldies) in the episode "Substitute Creature".
- Libby's favorite band is Graystar, whom she sometimes asks to play at Retroville. She also was revealed to have piano playing skills.
- Even though it's been repeatedly been established that Libby cannot lie, she does lie in the episodes "A Beautiful Mine", "Attack of the Twonkies" and "Jimmy for President".
- She is a vegetarian.
- According to the Jimmy Neutron wiki fandom, Libby's birthday is December 12th, 1990.