Killer Bee (Naruto)
Killer Bee (キラービー) is a shinobi from Kumogakure and the jinchuriki of the Eight-Tails.
Why He Rocks
- He is known to be one of the few well-written black characters in all of anime.
- His relationship with Naruto is very well-done, as he helped him control Kurama and helped teach him to control Kurama's chakra, unlocking the powerful KCM mode.
- His design is really awesome.
- He managed to trick Sasuke into thinking that he took a part of one of the Eight-tails tentacles, however that tentacle part was only a decoy.
- His moveset is rather unique, as he mostly uses professional wrestling moves, and sword-based moves.
- Like what WHR 2 says, he helped Naruto gain control over his Kurama Chakra mode, and without it, Naruto wouldn't be as strong as he is known today
- He has tons of funny moments, such as his rapping style, and when he saw Tsunade's chest.
- When Iruka asked him to protect Naruto after he found out the war was going on, Bee saw Iruka as a positive influence for Naruto, and he agreed to help him.
- He along with Naruto convinced the Raikage to let them pass so they could help the Shinobi Alliance in the war, after he tried to fight them, and they soon became 2 of the strongest members of the Shinobi Alliance
- He along with Naruto and Itachi managed to defeat the reincarnated Nagato.
- His rapping style, while funny, can be annoying at times
- Sadly after the war, we didn't get to see him a lot, especially in Boruto.
- His name is a reference to the famed rap group, the Wu-Tang Clan, often referred to as the "Killer Bees".
- Bī is the Japanese pronunciation of the letter "B" (as well as the Japanese pronunciation of "Bee"). This parallels the names of other Kumogakure shinobi such as F and J for example.
- During a fierce battle with Taka, B quoted Muhammad Ali's famous line, "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".
- Killer B makes various references to bees. This is a pun on the number of tails his tailed beast has. Eight in Japanese is hachi (八), a homophone to the Japanese word for bee, hachi (蜂).
- Though not confirmed, Killer B was given the name of Kira Hachi by fans. It comes from the word "Kirābī" incorrectly translated into Japanese (Hachi is the Japanese word for "bee", as well as "Eight". Kira is a loanword of the English "killer"). Kira Hachi, can be translated to "Killer Eight", following the homophone of bee.
- B's nickname may be a reference to The Killer Bees, a professional wrestling team in the World Wrestling Federation. Additionally, the Lightning Release: Double Lariat resembles the "Cross Bomber" move used by the Hell's Missionaries tag-team in Kinnikuman, a wrestling manga.
- B has used or has possession of two of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist blades so far. He used Zabuza Momochi's Kubikiribōchō in his fight with Taka and he has taken possession of Kisame Hoshigaki's Samehada. However in the School Trip Arc of the Boruto: Naruto Next Generations anime it is revealed that Samehada was eventually returned to Kirigakure and is no longer in Killer Bee's possession.
- In chapter 542, when A and B face off against several Iwagakure shinobi while on a mission, B is first depicted with longer hair and looks a bit older. However, in subsequent panels his hair is once again short and spiky and looks much younger. Oddly, this was not corrected in the tankōbon.
- In a 2012 Shōnen Jump interview, Masashi Kishimoto stated that Chōji Akimichi and B were currently his favourite characters in the Naruto series.
- Studio Pierrot's Settei sheets of Killer B show that he was 112 cm at age 5, and 122 cm at age 7. As an adult Studio Pierrot has him at 192.7 cm.
- His birth date corresponds to Taurus, the bull in the western zodiac, further referencing his connection with Gyūki.
- Following Naruto losing Kurama via the Baryon Mode, Killer B is now the only living Jinchūriki in existence.