Johnny Test (2005 seasons 1-3, 2021 reboot)
Johnny Test, is the titular main protagonist of the series of the same name. He is a mischievous boy known for his love of anything he considers awesome. He is the youngest child and only son of Hugh and Lila and brother of Susan and Mary. He can live any kid's dream, only to find that some dreams aren't worth living. He is typically with his best friend (sometimes partner-in-crime) Dukey, his genetically altered dog. He also redeems coupons to his sisters in exchange for assisting them in their daily problems. Their experiments tend to cause a lot of problems for Porkbelly.
This article will only focuse on both his seasons 1-3 character from the 2005 series, and his character from the 2021 reboot series.
Why In These Seasons And Reboot Is Our Kid With Flaming (Fiery) Hair
- For starters, his design is awesome and is well-made, especially in the first season of the original show and the reboot.
- Even in seasons 4-6 of the original show, he cares about his family, and you can always count on him to save them, and the city or stop any problems that may happen.
- His jokes including his occasional chaotic nature comes off as very humorous most of the time.
- He is cleverly written and is usually able to catch on to suspicion very quickly, such examples include:
- Him using the Brain Freezers own cup of coffee in order to defeat him.
- Johnny using light in order to defeat the mole people.
- He received Character Development in the reboot. He's not trying so hard to be edgy and he's actually trying to be a hero.
- His voice acting from James Arnold Taylor is good.
- His Johnny X persona is very cool and creative.
- In these seasons including the reboot he will more often than not accept the consequences for his actions and learn a lesson by the end of an episode.
- On top of that, he usually doesn't cause any problems as he would in seasons 4-6 of the original series (and to a much lesser extent, seasons 2-3), he doesn't ask for anything to go his way or intentionally cause problems and usually learns his lesson.
- He is brave, and most of the time full of courage.
- After being flanderized in seasons 4-6, he would redeem himself in the 2021 reboot.
- Unfortunately, he was flanderized in the last three seasons of the original show, but he regained the charm and likability of his seasons 1-3 character in the 2021 reboot.
- Even in seasons 1-3 of the original series and the reboot, there are still some times when he can be unlikable. An example is in "Bathtime for Johnny", though he only did seem unlikeable at first, since he did all this to give Dukey an amazing birthday gift.