Henry Stickmin is the titular main protagonist of the franchise of the same name. An unlucky but lucky being at the same time, Henry started out as an insignificant thief out to make some quick cash, disguising himself in a money bag to break into a bank. After his escape from West Mesa Penitentiary, his life quickly changes, and he becomes somewhat of a well-known criminal after his successful theft of the Tunisian Diamond. He is then approached by The Government, who offer to drop all charges against Henry if he helps them take down the notorious and infamous Toppat Clan.
Why He Rocks
- One interesting thing about Henry Stickmin is that players can actually help Henry out with his choices. The outcomes turns out to be funny, unpredictable, and amazing as whatever choice you make can lead Henry somewhere regardless if you win or fail. This makes him relatable.
- As arrogant has Henry may be, he does genuinely care about other people so he isn't too full of himself thanks to the paths the player makes. He helped Ellie to escape and even agree to Charles' dangerous mission proposal to take down the Toppats.
- Has a truckload of funny moments such as the distraction dance and of course the references from various media that Henry would do.
- His design is cute for the most part given his simplistic portrayal.
- Sometimes he sacrifices his greed for good like when he wanted to abandon the diamond in order to save himself in Stealing the Diamond.
- Henry is good friends to Charles regardless if they interact or not. Both work together when Henry is allied with the government.
- Ellie Rose is another relationship Henry has that does well, they get along fine and both consider themselves equally important despite what allegiance Henry is in.
- Despite Henry being silent, he's a lot more vocal in Completing the Mission which is a nice touch and does a good job at being his usual self. "So-"
- He's got some supernatural cartoonish powers with him like picking up a flying bullet and launching it to the other side thus splitting an officer's rifle into two pieces in the Badass Bust out route of Escaping the Prison.
- He's incredibly smart and resourceful. From being able to escape prison with just one item to even get help when needed. He can even use items that reference other media.
- Was the first person to escape his complex.
- He's very silent as he does not really have a clear personality though it's intentional because he represents the player character.
- He's still greedy and has a fair share of criminal records.
- Easily a Butt-Monkey due to the nature of his games.
- He might have kleptomania, as he has stolen multiple times and almost always goes back to thievery even after he is pardoned (such as in Relentless Bounty Hunter).
- Henry's voice is pitched up by three semitones along with Charles Calvin's, according to Puffballs United.