Harley Quinn (2019)
"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Dr. Harleen Quinzel, primarily known as Harley Quinn, is the overall titular main protagonist of the TV series Harley Quinn.
She is the leader and founder of Harley's Crew and a former member of the Legion of Doom. She is the former girlfriend of The Joker and is currently dating Poison Ivy.
Why She Rocks
- She is a crazy, former supervillain and loyal character to those she cares about, like her crew and especially Poison Ivy.
- She's also incredibly strong and crazy and even put a decent fight against Joker himself.
- Her character design is sexy, and considered the best design out of all of them and it's gets even better than the rest of her designs.
- In fact, she’s also considered pretty cute. She’s considered to be the cutest character in her own show.
- Kaley Cuoco's voice acting is great.
- She teaches that you should leave toxic relationships, and manages to do it without demonizing men in general, unlike her Birds of Prey counterpart...
- And speaking of Birds of Prey, she's everything her 2020 counterpart should've been. While that version of Harley was just a dumb and carefree person who gets out of tough situations through luck, this Harley is loyal, strong, independent, and way more believable (if you exclude that fact that she's a wild criminal).
- Also, can we mention the obvious that it's great that she finally has an entire show with her as the main focus for once?
- Besides being an amazing former supervillain, she’s also done plenty of heroic things, such as taking down villains like Queen of Fables, the Penguin and the Mad Hatter, saving Gotham from Dr. Psycho and his army of Pera-demons, saving Gotham from the plant zombies, etc.
- And of course in "Something Borrowed, Something Green" it's revealed that she had found love in Poison Ivy. Their relationship is believable and heartwarming, it blossoms further in season 3, and it helps Harley grow into a redeemed hero, with Ivy supporting her path and not leaving her, much to her happiness and relief.
- By the end of season 3, thanks to her recent heroic acts and becoming Bruce's therapist to help deal with his trauma, she’s seen as a hero now by many, even Bruce himself. After confessing this to Ivy, they had a nice talk with Harley deciding to join the bat family and become a hero, while she is relieved and happy that Ivy supports her decision and that she’s praised for her growth. We can all agree with her girlfriend when she says "I'm proud of you.", as Harley has really come a long way. And she still has her lovable personality that makes her Harley Quinn.
- In a way, she can be like a cheap copy of Lobo or Deadpool.
- In the beginning, she acted like a jackass due to her belief that Joker liked her when he didn't, when in reality he didn't, thankfully she realizes this and leaves him.
- She can be unlikeable at times due to her villainous nature (although that’s why we love her)