Freddie Benson (iCarly; Sam & Cat)
Fredward "Freddie" Benson (born February 4) is a main character and the technical producer of iCarly. This role includes being an administrator for the iCarly website, creating the special effects used on the iCarly webcast, editing film clips for the show, and operating the camera. Freddie is the oldest member of the iCarly trio and came up with the name iCarly for their webshow. He also made a guest appearance in the Sam & Cat episode, "#TheKillerTunaJump"
#iWhy He Rocks
- He's a skilled tech-expert, he acts like the big brother of the trio, being the most sensible and mature among them, and Freddie also disapproves of Sam's way of getting back at a person, unless they really deserve it.
- He is a generally calm and even-tempered when dealing with negative people (for ex. his mom, when she tends to go too far), although sometimes he could be a little clumsy.
- He is very skilled at fencing, however he doesn't have that much interest towards it, on the brighter note he's still a pretty good fencer.
- His random spanish outbursts are really iconic and hilarious at the same time, for a much closer look here are some of freddie's spanish outbursts.
- He did the right-thing in "iMove Out", when his mom keeps treating him like a 5 year old to the point where freddie finally reached his breaking point so he finally had the nerve to get back at his mom, stating that he doesn't want to be treated like a kid, so he temporarily moved out of the Benson's apartment, and when Marissa tried to bribe freddie into moving back he did the right-thing of refusing to move back in because the same treatment and embarrassment he suffered will occur again.
- Freddie is shown to be a little more savage and devious than Sam at times, as seen in "iHire an idiot" when Cort ruined freddie's giant pear pad and spilled pineapple juice on his laptop, so he hired an "idiotic" intern in order to irritate Carly and Sam the same way it irritated him, however once Cort was out it was revealed that it was all an act that Freddie's "idiotic" intern, is actually a full time genius and when Sam loosened the bolts in his back, of course freddie wouldn't let it slide as he sent a fake message that felt like it came from a famous celebrity, and when Sam said "Someone finally friended you", freddie grabbed a kitchen knife pointing towards Sam however he was able to control himself stating that "Bad thoughts lead to bad actions".
- He suddenly matured up and discarded his constant crushing on Carly, and when they became a couple when Freddie saved her life, he was kinda smart to do the right thing as Carly was in love with Freddie for what he did not because of him, and accepted that they could be just best friends, however they kissed again in "iGoodbye", which was heartwarming and romantic.
- He has a brother like relationship with Gibby Gibson, and is willing to help him at times.
- He still on good terms with Sam, if she doesn't cross the line and if She doesn't treat freddie like a dorky punching bag, however they still care about each other.
- He’s still his likable self when he guest starred in the Sam & Cat episode, "#TheKillerTunaJump".
- Depending on your point of view, He could a bit of a Gary Stu at times.
- Some of his jokes can be very cringe at times.
- While his friendship with Sam is in a good point, His romantic relationship with her failed.
- He suffered a massive injury in "#TheKillerTunaJump", after falling into a pool filled with killer tuna.
- In a promo for an episode, it shows a timeline of the episodes. Freddie's name is misspelled when it shows the title of the episode - iWill Date Freddy (instead of the actual title, iWill Date Freddie).
- Freddie formerly took ballet lessons, possibly hinting that his mom wanted a daughter instead of a son.