Eugeo (Sword Art Online)
Eugeo (ユージオ, Yūjio?) was the main deuteragonist of the first half of Sword Art Online: Alicization. Eugeo was a child born in a remote village in the Human Empire of Underworld, where he was assigned the Sacred Task of felling a giant tree with his childhood friend Kirito. After a mishap during an adventure to the mountains resulted in his other childhood friend Alice Zuberg being apprehended by an Integrity Knight for breaking the Taboo Index, while his memories of Kirito were sealed by the administrators of the world, Eugeo spent the following six years focusing on his work to avoid thinking about his lost friend, until Kirito's return to Underworld led to Eugeo building the resolve to embark on a journey to become an Integrity Knight himself to rescue Alice, as well as acquiring the skills to wield the Blue Rose Sword he had retrieved from the mountains where Alice had broken the Taboo Index.
Why He Rocks
- Eugeo is a kindhearted and considerate person who thought about the needs of others as well as his own, and wishes to see Alice again after not seeing her for many years.
- Eugeo always offered to help Kirito valet with his duties and attempted to minimize his workload.
- He also tried his best to maintain a good relationship with his valet by participating in bonding sessions with her and even scolded Kirito for trying to avoid the sessions.
- As much as he looked almost identical to Kirito, he is pretty cute.
- Eugeo is also pretty skilled in terms of using a sword. His weapon, Blue Rose has ice manipulation, exceptional strength and cutting power, seen when it was able to cut the demonic tree Gigas Cedar.
- He has great relationships to other characters:
- Kirito, his best friend in Underworld, whom he shared the «Sacred Task» of cutting the «Gigas Cedar» with, and had Kirito's sword forged and made in return.
- Alice, who also grew up along with Eugeo and Kirito and played around with each other back when they were children.
- Tiese, who falls in love with him, even so that she asks Eugeo to marry her if he placed high in the Four Empires Unity Tournament, since he would become an aristocrat for life as a result.
- Despite him having good terms, both Eugeo and Kirito had to deal with the consequences against their rivals, Raios Antonious, and Humbert Zizek.
- He had to break the seal of the Taboo Index, in order to stop Raios and Humbert from assaulting their friends, Ronie and Tiese, in rage. Then, Kirito comes to his aid and accidentally sliced the arms of Raios Antinous, when he tried to kill Eugeo. This unfortunately led Kirito and Eugeo to being wanted criminals, which is not only cruel, but very mean spirited, since Raios and Humbert should've been the one who gets punished for their crimes, not Eugeo and Kirito.
- Sure, his death is sad, but he could've had a much larger role in the Unital Ring Arc. Although many have theorized that a mysterious man named Eolyne Herlentz might be Eugeo in disguise.
- Because of his death in Alicization, he no longer appears during the War of Underworld arc, but he does make an appearance to Kirito one last time, which allows him to wake up from his coma.
- He and Kirito can be a slightly popular yaoi couple in the franchise, comparable in popularity to Kirito's coupling with both Asuna and Alice.
- Eugeo is very similar to Zane from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu:
- Both have blond hair and ice manipulation powers, one is having the Shurikens of Ice/Ice Elemental Blade or having them come out of his hands, while the latter is having an ice sword called the Blue Rose.
- Both are non-humans. Although Eugeo is just an Artificial Intelligence, not a robot.
- Both have non-human allies who are in love with them respectively (P.I.X.A.L. and Tiese Schtolienen).
- Both have black and blonde haired allies, with Zane having Cole, Nya and Lloyd while Eugeo had both Kirito and Alice.
- Speaking of Cole and Kirito, they share similar physical appearance and the same signature color (black), and they are able to wield two swords in combat (Cole with the Blades of Deliverance, and Kirito with the Elucidator and the Dark Repulser).
- Both have lost their memories and were manipulated by the main antagonists of their respective seasons into becoming their servants. The only main differences being Zane was tricked into believing that he is an emperor by Vex, while Eugeo became Quinella's 32nd knight.