Emperor Kuzco is the titular main protagonist of Disney's 40th animated feature film, The Emperor's New Groove.
Why Is It DEFINITELY All About Him
- He has a habit of 4th wall awareness and brings laughter in the process.
- After befriending Pacha and realizing his mistakes, he becomes more compassionate and heroic.
- Despite being very self-centered, he is still pretty friendly.
- He was in the right when he fires Yzma, since she constantly tried to rule the empire behind his back. She's supposed to advise him, not do his job for him!
- His selfishness is partially justified, since he was raised by Yzma and she's just as selfish as he used to be, she may or may not have been the Emperor before him.
- Some people on the internet consider him "the greatest Disney prince".
- His vanity and immaturity, before becoming more compassionate and self-aware, is in the same veins as Daffy Duck from The Looney Tunes Show. As they both are egotistical, irrational, and go about having everything their way in a very unconventional fashion. It's nearly possible to view Kuzco as a "Pharoah Daffy Duck".
- Overall, David Spade did a GREAT job voicing him.
- J.P. Manoux did a good job filling in for Kuzco.
- He is not exactly the brightest character in the franchise. For example, he agreed to have dinner with Yzma and her right-hand man Kronk… right after he fired them on the dot and insulted them! He nearly got poisoned because of this, in fact, the only reason, he is still alive is because Kronk messed up the potions and he got turned into a llama.
- He can still be very egotistical in the TV series The Emperor's New School, though in a much less obnoxious manner.
- Apparently, some pop culture website that goes by the name of TV Tropes, decided to label him as "The God of Llamas" after the trope "Everything's Better With Llamas".
- He was originally named Manco but was changed because it was Japanese for a female body part.