|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Incredible Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
Duck is a Great Western Engine from Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends. He is a green pannier tank engine. Duck runs his own branch line with Oliver. He holds great pride in being Great Western and this results in him having a strong work ethic.
Why He Does things the Great Western Way
- Along with Thomas the Tank Engine, Edward the Blue Engine, Percy The Small Green Engine, and Emily the Stirling Engine, he is not only one of the most Iconic Engines, but he is a major fan favorite.
- The reason why fans like him is because he is (the original) number 8, and he has a quirky personality.
- He always wants to prove himself to be a really useful engine on Sodor.
- Steve Kynman (as obnoxious are his voices for other British characters) does an amazing job voicing Duck.
- He has had his share of unforgettable crashes on the show, including the infamous crash in "A Close Shave".
- The name Duck truly fits his name as he waddles whenever he moves on Sodor.
- His rivalry with Devious Diesel in the series during the classic era is very good of having them as arch enemies, though it's a shame that it wasn't shown in the Andrew Brenner era as both engines didn't interact together in animated CG.
- He returned in the series in season 17 and would stay. This made fans very happy as he was never seen at all in previous seasons.
- As pointless as his cameos were in season 12, it was nonetheless great to see Duck animated in CG for the first time.
- He has an amazing engine design with a good color of green painted.
The Only Bad Quality
- He was never seen at all in seasons 8-11 and Seasons 13-16 at all. He only made pointless cameos in season 12.