David ''Gordo'' Gordon
“I'm in Rome with my best friend. I'm good. ” ―Gordo saying that it’s always worth it to be with friends.
David Zephyr "Gordo" Gordon is one of the main characters of the Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire, and its movie, The Lizzie McGuire Movie. He is the best friend of both Lizzie and Miranda. He is also Lizzie’s boyfriend. He usually offers sarcasm and good advice. He is portrayed as being very intelligent, practical, and he is a "straight A" student. He was revealed to be Jewish, as shown in one episode where he had a bar mitzvah.
Why He Rocks
- Gordo is a very likable character, being a smart guy, but also helpful and friendly to many people.
- He has a good bond with his family, his parents, as well as his grandmother, Doris.
- He’s a great friend to both Lizzie and Miranda, and his quick thinking often helps them get out of trouble.
- Gordo has given up early higher education to be with the ones he loves, as he was smart enough to go to high school early, but he missed his friends, so he came back to middle school to be with them.
- He is a great friend to everyone, as he hangs out with Ethan and gives him advice. He also likes to hang out with Matt sometimes, and they have a good friendship.
- He’s smart and caring, and he’s also sarcastic, as well as sometimes goofy and witty, which is funny.
- Gordo likes to follow his own path and prefers to be different from everyone else, which is unique.
- Gordo likes to be a movie director and likes to film videos, as seen in a few episodes of the series.
- Gordo often gives people the right advice to help them make better choices in life, especially to Lizzie, and they help him back in return whenever he’s in those situations.
- He was at his best during The Lizzie McGuire Movie, as he went to Rome with Lizzie and their class, helped her cover her popular sightings from the class, and even sacrificed himself, so Lizzie wouldn’t get caught. When Isabella told him what’s going to happen, he went back to Lizzie to help her, and he helped them expose Pablo, and encouraged Lizzie to get over her stage fright, and smiles as she sang on stage.
- Speaking of Lizzie, Gordo has an awesome relationship with her, as they comfort each other at times, have some cute moments, and are always there for each other. They become a couple at the end of The Lizzie McGuire Movie, with a great romantic kiss. In fact, here is the 23 Reasons Gordo From 'Lizzie McGuire' Is The Perfect Boyfriend.
- Adam Lamberg did a great job playing as him.