Carly Shay (born July 24) is the titular main protagonist of the TV series iCarly, and her own web show, iCarly. She is the younger sister of Spencer Shay and the daughter of Colonel Steven Shay and Mrs. Shay. She lived with her older brother in Apartment 8-C at Bushwell Plaza while their father is stationed on a Navy submarine and her mother is never mentioned. She's the best friend of Sam Puckett and former best friend of Missy Robinson, whom she hung out with during her childhood. She is also the best friend and ex-girlfriend of Freddie Benson, who lives across the hallway (Apt. 8-D) and had a long crush on her, started the day they met, which maybe still lasts.
iWhy She Rocks
- She is greatly portrayed by Miranda Cosgrove.
- She has an amazing sense of humor, which is proven with her popular fictional web show. She seems to disapprove of gross-out humor and enjoys creative and loud humor.
- She is nice, easy-going and caring.
- She gets good grades and usually stays out of trouble.
- She has her own personal struggles, like how she has to take vitamins every day to avoid asthma attacks.
- She has a decent singing ability.
- She tries her best to keep her best friend Sam out of trouble and frequently takes the blame for her pranks.
- Her endearing friendship, former relationship and potential current relationship with Freddie.
- In "iSaved Your Life", while Carly did date him after he saved her life, Freddie was kinda smart to do the right thing as Carly was in love with Freddie for what he did not because of him, and accepted that they could be just best friends.
- Carly did finally return his feelings in "iGoodbye", with a heartwarming and romantic kiss.
- Her close brother-and-sister relationship with Spencer Shay.
- She has done a great job at coping with her dad in the military.
- She is more mature in this series.
- Same personality.
- She has a really great friendship with Harper (page coming soon).
- She also recreated the Megan Parker interesting meme
- She can be really savage in the Revival.
- Just like in the original run, She has an amazing sense of humor.
- She is known for being a bit too soft and prissy at times.
- She can be very immature at times.
- Sometimes she doesn't do anything when Sam bullies Freddie.
- She doesn't return Freddie's romantic feelings, at least, not until the finale where she does finally return his romantic feelings with a heartwarming and romantic kiss.
- Her jokes are all about food.
- She is rotten spoiled and gets angry whenever Spencer acts like a mature adult.
- She can be seen as a Karma-Houdini, as she gets no comeuppance for her actions.
- She got slightly flanderized since Season 3, but improved in season 6 and kept most of her charm.
- She can be slightly irritating at times.
- Carly is portrayed by at-the-time Nickelodeon star Miranda Cosgrove.
- In the final episode of iCarly, iGoodbye, Carly took the difficult decision to move to Italy to be with her father for a period of time ("taking a break for a while").
- Miranda Cosgrove also voiced Margo in Despicable MeGMW
- Her birthday is July 24, making her zodiac sign Leo, although she once said that she's a Capricorn.