"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
Carl "CJ" Johnson is a fictional character and the playable protagonist of the 2004 video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the fifth main installment in Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto series. He is voiced by Young Maylay, who also served as the likeness for the character.
Why He is King
- Has done many badass things such as stealing a jetpack, taking down a government plane, stealing a jet etc.
- He's the reason Grove street families became powerful again and overtook the Ballas.
- Despite the fact he may not be friendly in free roam (especially when on rampages) he still shows heart to his friends & family.
- Young Maylay did a good job of voicing CJ.
- He sacrifices his whole life on multiple occasions just to free Sweet from prison.
- He saved Madd Dogs' life in the mission Madd Dog when he attempted suicide.
- He is the first GTA protagonist who can swim.
- Great memorable (or meme-able) quotes such as "Ah shit, here we go again. Worst place in the world." and "Grove Street. Home. At least it was before I fucked everything up."
- He can be a jerk sometimes.
- CJ's voice actor, Young Maylay, was apparently "disrespected" by Rockstar Games, he responded by throwing baseless insults at his fans and said that he had considered assaulting Michael Hollick, the voice actor of Grand Theft Auto IV protagonist Niko Bellic.
- He also believes the reason Rockstar "disrespected" him was because they're Trump supporters.
- His face in the In the "remastered" does look ugly as Carl looks like he's always frowning.
- On rare occasions, motor officers may call out Carl by his last name or nickname when he is arrested. Members of most street gangs also recognize him (this includes all Los Santos based gangs, the San Fierro Rifa and the Da Nang Boys).
- Carl's Shamal call sign in Saint Mark's Bistro was CJ101.
- Some of Carl's idle animations consist of him singing "Nuthin' But A G Thang Babe", "Express yourself, cuz I'm from Grove Street", "Never gonna get it, never gonna get it, biatch", "you drop the bomb on me", "move your body, dum-dah-dum, move your body", "take your time and let me LOVE you girl" "Rollercoaster! OH-OO-HOO-HOO!", or just humming.
- It is possible that CJ is a Christian. In the mission, First Date, Carl tells Catalina that he is a "God fearing peace-loving man of the people". Like Franklin Clinton, Carl can purchase several religious tattoos (most notably a Virgin Mary tattoo and a cross) and a Cross Chain sold at Didier Sachs, further supporting this theory.