Buck is a weasel with an eye patch from Ice Age: Dawn of the DinosaursGMW, who lives in the dinosaur world below the Ice Age world and helps Manny and his herd help find Sid, he is voiced by Simon Pegg.
Why He Lives
- Simon Pegg put a ton of effort into voicing him.
- He has one of the best character introductions out of all the characters from the Ice Age franchise and has a great backstory about his relationship with Rudy and how he lost one of his eyes.
- His strange personality is so funny and charming.
- Everything he says is so funny and quotable.
- He is also very intelligent as well.
- He is the first Blue Sky Studios character to be receiving his very own spin-off movie (also the second 20th Century Fox Animation character to receive his very own spin-off movie, after Bartok from Anastasia), The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild, exclusive to Disney+.
- While The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild wasn't that good, Buck, just like Manny and Ellie, reverted back to his former self after his terrible flanderization from Collision Course.
- He also gets a surprisingly character development in Buck Wild: at first, he wants to live alone after blaming himself after the death of his team in the hands of Orson, following his own path, believing that the world is about survival of the fittest, yet still helping those who need, like Crash and Eddie. He never liked being alone, but thought it was for the best so both he would never face the sadness of losing another family member and nobody would get hurt on his wild shenanigans. But after reuniting with Zee, the only other surviving member of his team, he realizes that everyone is stronger together than apart, and gladly welcomes both Zee and the possums as his new family.
- Speaking of which, he shares a great chemistry with Crash and Eddie, as well as Zee, Rudy and the rest of Manny's herd.
- He is one of the reasons why so many people loved Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and why that film became a favorite among fans of the Ice Age films.
- Pop Goes the Weasel!
- He is basically the Jack Sparrow of Ice Age.
The Only Bad Quality
- He was badly flanderized when he returned in the fifth film, where everything that made him charming and funny in the third movie is all thrown away, and his crazy attitude is took way too far as he tags along with the Herd to find a way to stop the meteors, his over-the-top wacky nature just dominated a good chunk of the movie, and he tries to make the movie too cartoony to the point that its more unberiable than funny, as well as supplying the worst jokes of the movie, along with Crash and Eddie. Thankfully, he is reverted back to his older self in Adventures of Buck Wild.
- Cartoon characters
- Movie characters
- 20th Century Fox characters
- Disney characters
- American characters
- Quirky characters
- Hilarious characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Disabled characters
- Intelligent characters
- Lonely characters
- Blue Sky Studios characters
- Ice Age characters