Blastoise (Japanese: カメックス Kamex) is a Water-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Wartortle starting at level 36. It is the final form of Squirtle.
Why It Rocks
- He has one of the coolest designs of all the Pokemon, being a giant turtle mixed with a freaking tank.
- It is one of the best starters, having really good stats. If you mega evolve it, his stats get even better.
- He also bears a resemblance to Mario's longtime nemesis.
- His Mega and Gigantamax designs are also really cool.
- Not only is his original card rare and valuable, it was also really good when it first came out. It was used in the powerful Rain Dance deck and won several tournaments. In fact, all of his cards are really good.
- He is an iconic fan-favorite amongst many Pokemon fans due to his appearance, Gary owning one, his original card, his iconic moves such as Hydro Pump, Rain Dance and Bubble, his apperance on the cover art for Pokemon Blue version and his excellent stats.
- Eric Stuart and Unsho Ishizuka do an excellent job at voicing him.
- He has spawned tons of merchandise, including action figures, plushies, DVD's, books and clothes.
- While Ash doesn't own one due to him not evolving his Squirtle, his rivals do, including Gary and Tierno. The Elite Four member Siebold also owns one in the anime.
- He was even going to be in Super Smash Bros Brawl, but he was sadly scrapped from the game. He was a Pokeball Pokemon in Smash 64 and Melee and a spirit in Ultimate.
- Since he is a Water-Type, he is excellent against Rock and Fire type gyms and Elite Four members.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Pokémon characters
- Japanese characters
- Anime characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Friendly characters
- Fan favorites
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Video game characters
- Nintendo characters
- Important characters
- Characters with water powers