"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Akame (Japanese:アカメ) is the titular anti-heroine of the manga series Akame ga Kill!, as well as the main protagonist of the prequel manga Akame ga Kill! Zero.
Why She Rocks
- Her design is beautiful and well made, where it became the face of the series.
- She's very helpful, sensitive and kind.
- Her breathtaking, sexy and chilling voice provided by Sora Amamiya, who also plays Elizabeth Liones in The Seven Deadly Sins, Isla from Plastic Memories, Sumire Yoshizawa from Persona 5: Royal and Touka Kirishima from Tokyo Ghoul.
- Her backstory is very impressive and somewhat touching, as she was sold along with her young sister Kurome to the Empire at a young age, she becomes one of the Elite Seven assassins under Gozuki, she displays genuine concern for her comrades. During a mission to assassinate former general Najenda, she is convinced by the latter to join Night Raid and the cause against the Empire.
- She's an excellent cook.
- Her skills and techniques are visually fun to watch.
- Her interactions with Tatsumi is very cute.
- Depending on your view, her personality can be one-dimensional.
- Her character development can be clunky at times.